After leveling up in Heroes of the Storm, gold is primarily earned from completing daily quests and winning games. Winning games provides 30 gold per win, daily quest completion provides significantly more gold.
Here are the 9 different daily quests in Heroes of the Storm:
- Play 2 Games as a Diablo Hero – 200 gold
- Play 2 Games as a Starcraft Hero – 200 gold
- Play 2 Games as a Warcraft Hero – 200 gold
- Play 3 Games as an Assassin Hero – 300 gold
- Play 3 Games as a Specialist Hero – 300 gold
- Play 3 Games as a Support Hero – 300 gold
- Play 3 Games as a Warrior Hero – 300 gold
- Win 3 Games – 600 gold
- Play 8 Games – 800 gold
How to Maximize Daily Gold
The average daily quest is worth 355 gold. Unlike Hearthstone, there is no way to re-roll daily quests to get another. You either need to complete the daily quest or let it sit idle in one of your daily quest log slots.
The best strategy is to not complete your 200 gold quests so that you have a better chance of getting a higher gold value quest.
Which of the 200 gold quests should you not complete?
Therefore, you should leave the Play 2 games as a Diablo Hero and Play 2 games as a Starcraft Hero in your quest log. This will allow you to complete all the other daily quests with the 4 available Hero classes.
If you follow this strategy, you will earn an average of 400 gold per day from daily quests in Heroes of the Storm. This is an increase of 45 gold per day compared to completing all daily quests.